Execute Command

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_j
Participant

Execute Command

Post by kumar_j »

Hi Team,

.I want to delete some data before running some set of jobs .
I am trying to use the Execute Command in job sequencer to delete those data.I am using DB2 Database and i wrote the script which connects the database and some delete statements.When i try to run this job, i am getting the following error
.Is there any other way of solving this problem

xyz.sh: CONNECT: not found.
xyz.sh: DELETE: not found.
xyz.sh: COMMIT: not found.

Thanks
johnthomas
Participant

Post by johnthomas »

xyz.sh: CONNECT: not found.
xyz.sh: DELETE: not found.
xyz.sh: COMMIT: not found.

In the shell script are you executing these ,SQL commands within the command center environment ??
JT
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

you need to first set the db2 environment. It is not able to recognize your commands. Try executing cd $DSHOME and then . ./dsenv , that should take care of it.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Show us the script. The DB2 commands only work within the context of the db2 environment, so you probably need to have set up a here script within your script to invoke that environment and provide a "feed" mechanism for commands to it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.