Error on Schedule with Director, ODBC Drivers and stuff

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

drostnu
Participant

Error on Schedule with Director, ODBC Drivers and stuff

Post by drostnu »

Hi Fellows,

Everything was fine, but days ago, sometimes i started to receive this error
df_carga_tbaccounting_detail..HHD_TST_A_SALFGD.IDENT1.de_sqltst_a_salfgd: DSD.BCIGetNext call to SQLFetch failed.
SQL statement:SELECT ACCNT_CODE,TRANS_DATETIME,D_C
,case when isnumeric(TREFERENCE)=1 then (TREFERENCE) else '0' end
, ENTRY_DATETIME
,CONV_CODE,OTHER_AMT,ANAL_T0, BASE_RATE, DESCR, LOOKUP, JRNAL_NO, JRNAL_LINE
FROM SUNDB5..CO1_ACNT,
SUNDB5..CO1_A_SALFLDG WHERE
ACNT_CODE = ACCNT_CODE and TRANS_DATETIME = "20061222"
SQLSTATE=HY000, DBMS.CODE=0
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver]The DataDirect ODBC driver you are attempting to access has been provided to you by Ascential Software for exclusive use with Ascential Data Integration Suite. You are not licensed to use this driver with any application other than Ascential Data Integration Suite. If you would like to purchase a driver for some other use, please call 800-876-3101 or visit DataDirect at www.datadirect.com
This happens 'sometimes' when i leave a job scheduled and it tries to connect to a MS SQL Server database (with Oracle/Sybase there is no problem since i use the oci stage and sybase oc and oracle client).

We a full license here, 999 users, no expiration date, everything good.

But that error is very weird. I have search on different topics in this forum, but i had no luck.

please if someone can give a hand if its a OS problem, DS problem, if i need to purchase something else from Ascential??

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Diego.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Diego,
Were you able to connect to the MS SQL Server directly from any of you GUI or command prompt?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read the error message. Your Data Direct ODBC driver, used outside the context of an ODBC stage, gives you a 30 day grace period in which to purchase a licence. That time has now elapsed.

Possible remedial actions are to be found in another post where this very same question was asked, about four hours ago. Search for it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Error on Schedule with Director, ODBC Drivers and stuff

Post by chulett »

drostnu wrote:please if someone can give a hand if its a OS problem, DS problem, if i need to purchase something else from Ascential??
Ascential? The error message tells you what you need to get and from whom, even including an 800 number and a URL. Not sure what else you'd need.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers