general

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

general

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi gurus,
is there any way with datastage, that if we know job name and project name, it displays even the metadata we used,like generate a report which should also include the metadata which we deal with.

i have seen various forums posted by gurus, i have also seen operating system command, yaa i made use of the command utility,it is command to generate report. i wasn't aware of these command utilities, is there any commannd utility which even displays the meta data like using the project name and jobname , just curious to know abt it.
the operating system utility posted by guru displays all the stages used in the job, whereas it doesn't display the metadata.the pecularity is that it displays all the stages used. suppose if i want to view the metadata of a job without going in the designer component. is it possible in the datastage.
plz help me
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You might want to take a closer look at this thread unless you and Saama are on the same team. There is a button in the Designer that will generate an HTML document with all the metadata you could ever want... all you have to do is go in there one time and click it. After that, you don't even need to go back to the Designer to view it, just bring it up in IE or your browser of choice.

That is the report you are looking for. Honest.

ps. You need to work on your thread titles. I mean, come on...'general'?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

chulett wrote: You need to work on your thread titles. I mean, come on...'general'?
That made me laugh so hard... I kinda like the topic, general , keeps you in this delimma , "what could it be, what could it be"
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

... until curiosity gets the better of you and forces you to click on the thread just to relieve the tension. Ah.... :P
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers