regarding check points

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

regarding check points

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,
is there any utility which helps from failures.
like we can insert checkpoints b/w sequencer and can restart from that point, what else if we want to restart from record 100 rather than record no 1, is there any feature in datastage which helps in such cases.

plz help me,
cheers;
vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What did you learn when you effected a Search for this question? This question has definitely been answered before.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

is there any utility which helps from failures.
like we can insert checkpoints b/w sequencer and can restart from that point,

- Yes, check "Add checkpoints so sequence is restartable on failure" in the job properties of the Job sequence.

what else if we want to restart from record 100 rather than record no 1, is there any feature in datastage which helps in such cases.

- You have to build your own logic for this

P.S. Had already compiled this, thought i would rather post it than trash it.
But as Ray said, it has been discussed many times here, do a search
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

hi Gurus,
i searched in the forum, i found that in case of sequencer we can go for check points, in case of jobs we go for system variable @INROWNUMBER.
for eg: the job aborted after loading the 3000 records, by specifying @inrownumber>3000, we can start from recordno 3001. am i going in right way, plz help me.

cheers;
vijay
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

You can go that route.
But you need to make the process smart, such that you have to get the number of records loaded and passing this as a start number for your next load.

If you have the Transaction size set to 0, you will not have this problem in the first place.
It will load all or nothing in this case.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,
Thanks very much.

Once again thanks, iam marking this topic as resolved.

cheers;
vijay