regarding transformer stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

regarding transformer stage

Post by vijaykumar »

hi Gurus,
i want to give deptno as parameter.
name prompt type value
deptno enter the deptno string 20

the main problem is why it doesn't have default types other than string and encrypted.
as i want to specify constraint in transformer stage.
in the transformer stage--- i want to define constraints. for ex deptno=20 , so that i can catch rejected rows.
dslink6.rejected
dslink4.#$deptno#
iam getting expression invalid.
dslink5 and dslink6 are o/p links.
dslink4 is i/p link.
plz help me how can i define jobparameter, and define this in constraints of transformer stage.
plz help me

cheers;
vijay
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

If I understand your requirement, you need to either reject the rows with deptno=20 or deptno<>20.
Give it as a constraints, and mark the other link as reject. If you want to parameterize, the value can be deptno = parameter (without any '#').
If your requirement is different, you can specify it again.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use the expression editor to construct your expression. You will learn, by doing so, that job parameter references in expressions do not take the surrounding "#" characters. You should also take the time to name your stages and links meaningfully; it helps diagnosis and maintainability.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

hi Gurus,
thanks very much.
i could resolve the problem, when i give DSLINK5.DEPTNO=$DEPTNO.
it works fine.
iam marking the topic as resolved.

cheers;
vijay