peculiar problem when running job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

peculiar problem when running job

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi gurus,
iam using odbc stage as source.
odbc--->transformer---->odbc.
i have created parameters for odbc connection, user name and password in administrator.
i called them through designer and used in the source stage,
i can view the data from source stage.i can compile the job without errors but when i run the job iam getting error.
went to director, iam getting
drs13..Transformer_2: |drs13..ODBC_0: DSD.BCIConnect Failed to map LOGON2. LOGON2: ??, NLS map: MS1252|
iam not able to analyze error.
i checked with the parameters, they are correct since i can view the data from source stage.
plz help me.

cheers;
vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then maybe your problem is in the other ODBC stage (or DRS using ODBC protocol)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kdsuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kdsuser »

We are getting the exact same error. It is happing on the link coming out of a database read.

"DSD.BCIConect Failed to map LOGON2. LOGON2: ???, NLS map: MS1252"

The strange thing is, it does not always happen. The job runs throughout the day and it only intermittently gets this warning.

ray, I know this is an old post, but if you are still out there... did you find a solution to this?

This job is using datastage 7.5.