transformation error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

transformation error

Post by vijaykumar »

hi Gurus,
my source is oracle, my target is oracle.
iam using ODBC STAGE as source and ODBC STAGE AS TARGET.
i can compile and run, but after running the jobs , i can see that the data is not loaded in the target.iam getting warnings, whenever i run the job, i went to view the warnings from the logfile of director.
i got warning as
DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00001: unique constraint (SCOTT.PK_DEPT) violated.
due to this the data is not loading in the target.
plz help me.

cheers;
vijay
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? What kind of help do you need? This isn't a DataStage transformation error, but rather a simple database issue that could happen with any tool.

You've violated a Unique Constraint and a Primary Key one to boot going by the name of it. The constraint enforces the field or group of fields which uniquely identify a record, thus only one record can exist that matches that constraint. More than likely, you've tried to insert records with Primary Key values that already exist in the table, but updates can cause this error as well.

Make sure this doesn't happen. Preload existing keys into a hashed file and check against it during your load. Either skip any inserts that already exist or send them down an update link instead. Easy Peasy.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

hi,
thanks very much , i was specifying the same table name in the source and target.

cheers;
vijay
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

... or just make sure your table names are correct. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

vijaykumar wrote:hi,
thanks very much , i was specifying the same table name in the source and target.

cheers;
vijay
Well! It will be great if you mark the post as resolved. :)
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE