creating users

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dr46014
Participant

creating users

Post by dr46014 »

hi all
in our company we have installed datastage server version on a windowsXP machine in one of our PCs.and all the client versions on Windows XP.We have created a project called Main_Project for training purpose.but while logging into the project we have to specify the host system user id and password.if we are giving login credentials of our own system then error is showing.if we are checking the omit button same message is showing.can any of the members tell me how to login to the DataStage using our individual login credentials.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: creating users

Post by narasimha »

dr46014 wrote:error is showing
Is it similar to this.

If not, what is the error, which is showing?
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

You always got to post your error messages. They do help a lot in answering your problems in much better and efficient way.

Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
dr46014
Participant

Post by dr46014 »

yes the error it is showing here is
Failed to connect to host: localhost, project: UV
(User name and/or password incorrect (80011))
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

dr46014 wrote:yes the error it is showing here is
Failed to connect to host: localhost, project: UV
(User name and/or password incorrect (80011))
So... did this get resolved?
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is it Windows XP Professional? Windows XP Home simply does not work.
Second, do you have a network card active - that is, receiving an IP address from anything that can serve one (even a router)? You may find this to be necessary in the DataStage-on-XP environment.
Third, have you rationalized domain addresses, machine addresses and unqualiified addresses?
Can you connect via telnet?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.