How to access metadata using Universe stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jojipjohn
Participant

How to access metadata using Universe stage

Post by jojipjohn »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to use Universe stage to access the metadata. I want to get the source and target tables or files and the SQL used.

Thanks & Regards
Joji John
Joji John
jojipjohn
Participant

Post by jojipjohn »

Should I Create a DSN If so how... I adding an entry to the UVODBC.CONGFIG file but I am not getting this DSN while importing the table definitions.
Joji John
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

use dsn as localuv.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
jojipjohn
Participant

Post by jojipjohn »

But if I use localuv I am getting only Example1, none of the metadata information are there
Joji John
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Not sure about that. Never played with the repository a lot. Maybe someone else can throw some more light on it. But why do you want to do that? Its considered a hack and not supported.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Metadata are - deliberately - incompletely described in the Repository. Further, import of the table definitions from the Repository tables is deliberately blocked. You would need to create synonyms and import the definitions from those.

You may like to review [urlhttp://www.dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=105807]this post[/url] and this post which are both recent attempts to get at Repository data.

If you can be more precise about your requirements, we should be able to help. But no-one is going to write the whole chapter and verse about getting everything out of the Repository on this forum. This is not least because, with version 8.0, it all changes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.