asseccing peoplesoft applications

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Saama
Premium Member
Premium Member

asseccing peoplesoft applications

Post by Saama »

hi,
we are into working out with ERP APPLICATIONS- peoplesoft.
As i have read from the various forums that plugin stage called DRS helps to understand and analyze the structure of peoplesoft applications.
iam going to install plugin- DRS ,my doubt is do we need peoplesoft software to get installed, in addition with plugin.however iam installing oracle, since peoplesoft application is sitting on oracle. can anyone help me out in understanding the environment needed to workout.

cheers;
saama
Saama
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Saama »

hi,
Actually i have given incomplete information and was not clear.
i gathered information and also datastage gurus too helped me out in understanding how to work out with ERP APPLICATIONS-PEOPLESOFT.
the information which was given was very helpful, and i said my team lead and business manager that we have to install additional plugin -DRS, inorder to understand and analyze peoplesoft application.
they are asking me that do we need ERP-PEOPLESOFT SOFTWARE in addition to plugin stage.
we have installed oracle-since peoplsoft sits on oracle.
where can i get plugin software so that i can order it, from where i can buy additional license in order to work out with DRS.
i would appreciate if any guru helps me out.

cheers;
saama
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The PeopleSoft PACK for DataStage is typically provided by your PeopleSoft vendor, in exchange for payment.

The Dynamic RDBMS stage (DRS) is part of DataStage - you have that already if you have DataStage. The PeopleSoft PACK provides a swathe of (server) jobs, routines, transforms and table definitions for accessing PeopleSoft data, typically with the intent of moving them into a Data Warehouse or Data Mart.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Saama
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Saama »

hi ray,
Thanks that means we only need these packs in addition to the DRS stage, we dont need separate peoplesoft software. Sorry to ask you again, i just wanted to go in the right way .
ONCE AGAIN THANKS VERY MUCH.

i will tell my team lead to get the packs, and tell them that there is no need of separate PEOPLESOFT SOFTWARE to get installed.

cheers;
saama
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You don't "need" the PACKs, they just make your life easier.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Technically, true. Practically, I would not essay to access PeopleSoft data without the PACK.

All the jobs in the PeopleSoft PACK are server jobs.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Oh... it's not all that bad. :wink: :wink: [nudge, nudge]

I've done it for both HR and GL 'pack free' and lived to tell the tale.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OK, maybe if I were being paid by the hour... :wink:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Umm.. did I leave out that part? :lol:
-craig