HASHED FILE PROPERTIES

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

parvathi
Participant

HASHED FILE PROPERTIES

Post by parvathi »

HI ALL,
I have a hashed file in my job which has my tablename and system as the primary key coulmn.when i run the job once i will get an entry in to the hashed file and i have unchecked the option create file as i need to have entries all the tables that i run.

First time i ran i get no error
second time i run the job the data is loaded in to the target but i get a warning like this

Aesamplejobname..Hsh.WriteMaxvalue_Hsh: ds_uvput() - Write failed for record id 'RDM_SAMPLE_TABLE'
RAM

CAN'T I update the hased file for the key columns mentioned like 'RDM_SAMPLE_TABLE'RAM'

i EVEN GET THE FOLLOWING PHANTOM ERROR

DataStage Job 4703 Phantom 3205
Program "DSP.ActiveRun": Line 51, WRITE attempt on read-only file.
DataStage Phantom Finished

WHAT SHOULD I DO TO UPDATE THE RECORD IN THE HASHED FILE
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Has the file system become full? Has a disk quota been exceeded? Is the hashed file intact (what happens when you attempt to count the records in it)? Please confirm that your column definitions show two Key columns.

Please execute the following command from the DataStage command prompt and post the result:

Code: Select all

LIST DICT <<HashedFileName>>
Note: if your hashed file is in a directory you will need to execute a SETFILE command first.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
parvathi
Participant

Post by parvathi »

the reason i came to know is my datastage is in unix server and i have my login created .If i login in to the datastage with my login i am not able to create the hashed file but if i access with generic account i am able to create the hashed file
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In other words, you have a permissions problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers