This job has no design time information.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

narayana_382
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by narayana_382 »

Hi All,

I have a job corrupted in one project account(devnew). I was accessing a job in this project account and when I tried to open the job it gave me a pop window
DataStage Repository Interface

I really dont know what has happened to the entire job which is so many days of work.

With the help of UNIX DBA I have taken the complete backup the devnew project before I have accessed this job.
Can I import that job from the UNIX backup or if there is any other workaround for me to continue from where I saved the job previously.

How can I use the UNIX backup in importing the job onto the same devnew account?

Many Thanks,
Narayana.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

A UNIX backup will have saved the state of the whole project as it was at the time of backup. If you didn't make any changes to any of the jobs in your project after the backup was taken, or if you don't care about losing those changes, then you can restore the whole project directory from UNIX.

If you need to only restore that one job it is quite a bit more work and we can walk you through that if it is necessary.
narayana_382
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by narayana_382 »

Arnd,

After the UNIX backup was taken there were plenty of changes made to other jobs. So if I restore the backup, all the files would be overwritten. I feel that this is not recommended, because changes made to other jobs would be lost.

Please walk me through the path of getting only one job from the UNIX backup.

Many Thanks,
Narayana.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Do you have an export (.dsx or .xml) of the jobs/project by any chance, a day prior to getting this error "This job has no design time information. "

If yes then you can create a test project, import your it there.
They you can make an export of 'that' job alone and get it back to your current project.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.