Problem while compling the job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sshettar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem while compling the job

Post by sshettar »

Hi All,

i have this job where in the input data is coming from a complex flat file and it goes to an transformer.
from the transformer i am giving two outputs by giving constraints
well one output goes to another transformer and the other goes to an agg where i count the record for that particular constraint.
in the 2nd TX i do substring and get the date out of the long record . now i need to get both the date and the output recordcount in one stage .
i tried giving a dummy column named IND to both the outputs from 1st TX and hardcoded it as 2
and from the agg i am giving it to the hash file where in i make the dummy column as a key column and them from hash file to 2nd TX which has the date . . here i mapped the key column and i am loading all these values into oracle table. while i complie the job i'm getting an errot which says
Job contains cyclic or linear dependencies and will not run

can anybody please help me with this problem?

Thanks
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Problem while compling the job

Post by I_Server_Whale »

sshettar wrote:Hi All,

and them from hash file to 2nd TX which has the date . .
Hi,

Can you try adding an other transformer (TX 3) to your transformer(TX 2) and also remove hashed file look up to TX 2. Pass on the same metadata of TX 2 to TX 3.

Instead, use the hashed file as a lookup to TX 3. Now try compiling.

Let me know about the result.

Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Another on here...

You will grouped data coming out from the aggregator stage, but the other link will have data of lesser granularity.
You need to check if you are ok doing the join there.

Why not pass everything through a single Transformer, have a single output link from the transformer to the aggregate stage.
Do your substring before you pass all the data to the aggregate stage.
Pass the column where you are doing the substring with the Aggregate function as "First"

I dont know if your business rule permits this. Trying to give you an option.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
sshettar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sshettar »

i tried using the TX3 but still the same error while compiling
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Problem while compling the job

Post by chulett »

sshettar wrote:while i complie the job i'm getting an errot which says
Job contains cyclic or linear dependencies and will not run
Short answer is that you've created a 'loop' in your jobstream. Rather than data flowing from one end to the other, you've got it looping back on itself somehow. The compiler catches it because if it *did* allow it to run it would never complete, more than likely. It doesn't want to take the chance. :wink:

You need to fix that. And since we can't see the job, the answer can't come directly from us as to exactly how you do it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Draw us a picture of your job design or post an image. If you draw the picture using "ASCII art" enclose it in Code tags and use Preview till you get it right. This will help us to help you.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

Hi,

I think you need union......... Why dont you try with SQL query
ex:
select id,Count(rec), null from xyz groy by id
union
select id,null, date from xyz

Thanks,
Anupam