Job Scheduling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amuktamalyada
Participant

Job Scheduling

Post by Amuktamalyada »

Hi All,

I am running the datastage jobs using the job sequencers and by scheduling them as per the requirement.

Somehow the scheduled jobs are not running as per the schedule.
However,if I schedule the job to run for just today then it goes on fine.But,not when I want to run them on a daily/weekly basis,the jobs are not going thru.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mukti
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

How are you scheduling your jobs?
Are you using an entreprise scheduler like Control-M or Tivoli, or by cron tab ?
Regardless, it should not behave like this. Are you sure that your providing the correct scheduling requirements with proper scripting, if its involved.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ask your UNIX administrator about at and cron. Jobs just for today are scheduled using at, while repeats are scheduled using cron. You may be permitted to use at but not to use cron. The UNIX administrator controls this through files called at.allow and cron.allow respectively.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Amuktamalyada
Participant

Post by Amuktamalyada »

Thank you DSGuru and Ray.We have had the issue resolved as we have not had enough permissions in our new environment.

-Mukti