abt universe

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

abt universe

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,
we are working on data stage server edition, during installation i found that datastage repository resides on universe, where does the parallel version repository resides on.

we are working with universe, can anyone explain me plz where does parallel version repository resides on.

my manager also asked me that is there any advantage of dealing with universe with parallel extender rather than server version, and where does the parallel version repository resides on can anyone explain me plz.

cheers;
vijay
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

At version 7 the repositories for metadata and job information for both PX and Server reside in DataStage (which used to be UniVerse but has split). There is no advantage or disadvantage since you have no choice of where the repository, as of Version 8 (formerly code-named "Hawk") you will have choices.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does your manager seek to access data from UniVerse using parallel jobs, or just expressing concern about the DataStage Repository? If the latter the answer is that there is no choice. All job designs and other components are stored in the same tables, irrespective of job type. There is only the one Repository database per project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.