How to create Read only Jobs.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satheesh_color
Participant

How to create Read only Jobs.

Post by satheesh_color »

Hi All,

How to create read only jobs in Datastage.As of my knowledge there is an option for releasing the jobs in manager Tools option. In my production box with exclamation mark 'JobName' is Read Only. Any changes that you make cannot be saved. . Kindly share your ideas for creating such read only job.

Thanks&Regards,
Satheesh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You don't want to 'release' jobs. Use Version Control, it is built into the promotion process.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: How to create Read only Jobs.

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

satheesh_color wrote:Hi All,

How to create read only jobs in Datastage.As of my knowledge there is an option for releasing the jobs in manager Tools option. In my production box with exclamation mark 'JobName' is Read Only. Any changes that you make cannot be saved. . Kindly share your ideas for creating such read only job.

Thanks&Regards,
Satheesh
Goto the administrator. select the project you want to make "read only". In the general tab, you will find a button that says "protect project". click on the button and that will make your jobs read only.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It does a wee bit more than that... why not include a complete description of the solution you are proposing?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

I posted that cause i knew this is what he was asking about.

This is what the helps says "protect project" can do.

Note: on UNIX systems, only root or the administrative user can currently protect and unprotect projects.

Users can view objects in the project, and perform tasks that affect the way a job runs rather than the jobs design; specifically they can:

Run jobs

Compile server and parallel jobs

Generate code for mainframe jobs

Set job properties

Set job parameter default values