Import a table definition using a command line utility

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Umbix62
Participant

Import a table definition using a command line utility

Post by Umbix62 »

Good morning

I'm looking for a method to import a table def using an external utility to run in the command line as, for example, dsojob. May I do that?

Thank you very much

Umberto
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Umberto - you are out of luck, such a tool doesn't exist
Umbix62
Participant

Post by Umbix62 »

ArndW wrote:Umberto - you are out of luck, such a tool doesn't exist ...

Ok, I have supposed it. Is it possible via API?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you looking for a mainframe command line utility, or a server command line utility? The latter does not exist. I suspect there's not going to be one on the mainframe either, as there really isn't the same concept of a command line, but generating the COBOL FD or DCLGen is definitely possible. But that doesn't get it in to your DataStage Repository.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

There is a import command which will import any DSX file. The dsimport.exe command will do the trick. You need to be able to create a DSX file. I am not sure it can import XML files but I would try it if I was you. Ray posted the program to create XML files from DS_METADATA the internal table of DataStage. You might be able to write your own if you really need this concept.
Mamu Kim