regarding universe utility

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

regarding universe utility

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,
my universe has data from various sources, we couldn't identify the data is from which source is that from oracle or from some other databases,
so is there any utility that can access this universe database and returns the o/p that data is from oracle or db2.can anyone please help me with this utility, i have searched various manuals but couldn't find.

cheers;
dileep
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

When inserting the universe table, did you identify the records with some kind of source code to identify its origin?
If not then i dont think you can. I might be wrong, but as far as i know, no way.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi,
The thing is that we are into developing a product, universe has data from various sources like informatica,business objects.
when i give command line utility select * from DS_JOBOBJECTS.its displaying incomplete records.it displays the connection information, but the structure of data is without delimiters, how can i analyze the data is from which component,what are the components used in the transformations .plz help me.

cheers;
vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DS_JOBOBJECTS is not a UniVerse table, it's a DataStage table. It has different record structures, some with up to 216 columns. The vendor has chosen not to reveal the structure of those records via column definitions. Therefore, without "hacking" (which violates the clause in your licence agreement about reverse engineering the product) what you seek to do is not legally possible.

Those people who have explored the structures in DS_JOBOBJECTS have done so with awareness of how hashed files (yes, DS_JOBOBJECTS is a hashed file) are stored internally, and have compared what is therein with what's in job designs. I doubt that anyone (apart from the vendor of course) has complete documentation. Some if it is available in the header files in DSINCLUDE.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.