regarding dsutilities

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

regarding dsutilities

Post by vijaykumar »

hi,
actually we are using universe as out target database, we are using command line interfaces to access the universe database.i got a job"build dsjobobjects hash", i want to get information about this job created in project "vijay".i want to get entire information about this job from the project vijay which is residing in the universe. what is the command line interface.can anyone plz help me out.

cheers;
vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Exactly what information do you need?

The dsjob -jobinfo command will give you some information, but you may need to script some looping to invoke dsjob -stageinfo and dsjob -linkinfo based on dsjob -lstages and dsjob -llinks respectively. But if you need information about execution, then you probably need some combination of dsjob -report, dsjob -getnewestlogid, dsjob -logsum and dsjob -logdetail commands.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

hi,
for ex: we are using command interface utility like this
SELECT @ID, NAME "Job_Name", OBJID, OBJTYPE, OBJNAME, OBJIDNO
FROM PRJ_DATA_DS_JOBOBJECTS
WHERE @ID LIKE '%ROOT%'
AND OLETYPE LIKE '%Defn%'
AND OBJTYPE='J'
i couldn't understand what is meant by object here.our team members are infering that we can get entire information of the job.what is meant by object here in universe

cheers;
vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

An "object" in this context (the DS_JOBOBJECTS table) is a job object; that is, any design-time object that might appear in a design canvas - the job itself, a container, a stage, a link end, an annotation, a view...

Note that your approach is unlikely to work in version 8.0 and later.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You may need to change PRJ_DATA_DS_JOBOBJECTS to DS_JOBOBJECTS.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Open the job in Designer.
Click on the icon that looks like the Internet Explorer icon.
Voila!! Full job documentation.