Datastage phantom Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chitravallivenkat
Participant

Datastage phantom Error

Post by chitravallivenkat »

Hi All,

We are getting datastage phantom error whenever we run a job having stage variables and parameters.The job finishes without any error but only with warnings.Can anyone of you please tell how to avoid this phatom errors.

One sample Warning error log entry is :

DataStage Job 532 Phantom 8620
REGTN_CD=DACT
AGGR_DT=2006-11-07 04:30:00.000
REGTN_CD=DAGG
AGGR_DT=2006-11-07 04:30:00.000

Thanks in advance
Vc

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

These aren't normal 'phantom style' errors - as a matter of fact they don't seem to be errors at all. I would think that you are using a routine or some piece of custom code that has debugging statements left in it - PRINT statements, for example - that are 'logging' information when the routine is called.

Any chance of that? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chitravallivenkat
Participant

Hi Chullet,

You might be correct , i am using routines in my job...and i think i have included such degugging statements...

Thanks
Vc
chitravallivenkat
Participant

chulett wrote:These aren't normal 'phantom style' errors - as a matter of fact they don't seem to be errors at all. I would think that you are using a routine or some piece of custom code that has debugging statements left in it - PRINT statements, for example - that are 'logging' information when the routine is called.

Any chance of that? :?
That's is correct.Now we are commenting the debugging statements. But In one job, we haven't used any routine but with stage variables and parameters. but In this job also we are getting the below error.

DataStage Job 902 Phantom 6064
DataStage Phantom Finished

Tx,
Vc
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It shouldn't have anything to do with stage variables or job parameters, per se - that just means you haven't found the routine the job uses. :wink:

Look everywhere - before/after job, before/after stage, constraints, yada yada - could be in all kinds of non-obvious places.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kris18
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris18 »

i did get the same kind of error previously....
i don't have any clue why did i get but i was able to clear that phantom when i removed the parameters from the stage variable.
kris