Transformer satge output links

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Juls
Participant

Transformer satge output links

Post by Juls »

Hello,

I have a rather beginer question. In the transformer stage, if I have 3 output links each with constraint will a row be processed first against link1 and if meets the constraint it will move on to next row or will this same row1 then be checked against link2? I am guessing it will move to next row....

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It will be checked against all output link constraints and so could go down any number of them.... including none. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Raghavendra
Participant

Post by Raghavendra »

The row will be checked for all the output links and the order in which output links process a row depends on the link odering.
The initial order of the links is the order in which they are added to the
stage and if you want change the order of output link processing you change from link ordering tab.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you want to implement something like the C break construct, you can use link variables from prior output links in constraint expressions. The REJECTED variable will be false if the row has been processed by any prior link.

Or you can AND the current link's condition with the logical inverse of prior links' expressions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.