ORA-01008: not all variables bound

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sheema
Premium Member
Premium Member

ORA-01008: not all variables bound

Post by sheema »

I have imported some jobs from 6.0.1.5 to 7.5.In one of the jobs,I have a ORAOCI stage as lookup and i am using a fully generated qury for that.
But still i am getting the error ORA-01008: not all variables bound.

when i have done a search on this error ,i have seen that there is a patch.
I tried to open the link given for the patch,it is not opening up.
Can any one suggest a solution for this.
Thanks

Sheema
srinagesh
Participant

Post by srinagesh »

patch is the only solution . :-)

Ascential pages have now moved over to ibm.ascential.com try to do a search there (may be you can find something).

-Nagesh
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You can speak to your support people to locate the patch.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
mujeebur
Participant

Post by mujeebur »

srinagesh, How did you solve the issue? We have facing the similar issue with migration of 6.0 to 7.5.1
srinagesh
Participant

Post by srinagesh »

We had applied the patch which was available before the page was moved. You may have to contact IBM support for the patch.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
sb_akarmarkar
Participant

Post by sb_akarmarkar »

Hi,

Try this path...

https://www.ascential.com/eservice/public/welcome.do

Thanks,
Anupam
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You'll need a login, but once there you will find the patch under the Recommended Patches in the Software Updates for DataStage:
User-defined SQL in Oracle OCI Stage ALL DataStage 7.5.1 05/26/2005 e73423_ALL_751.zip

Description:
Oracle OCI stage (ORAOCI9) incorrectly binds the lookup column values to the SQL statement which is being executed. This results in the Oracle database error "ORA-1008: Not all variables bound" [ECASE 73423].

Also included in this patch is a fix for the SQL Builder in the Oracle OCI stage, which incorrectly converted a "WHERE" clause to a "HAVING" clause [ECASE 74270].

Compatibility Notes:
This zip archive contains the DataStage Client patch for the SQL Builder, and the server plug in packages for all DataStage 7.5.1 server platforms.
Note that the fix is for User-Defined SQL with a bonus fix thrown in for the SQL Builder.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers