Appending to same SeqFile from multiple input links

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asitagrawal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Appending to same SeqFile from multiple input links

Post by asitagrawal »

Hi Friends,

I am in trouble again!
In my job, I am appending the incoming data to a same target seq file.
The Seq File Stage has 1 input streams which is appending the data to the same seq file. This seq file satge is a part of the shared container and my job uses 3 instances of that shared container. These are the sahred containers: GLJrnlLineP3I3AAC40, GLJrnlLineP3I3AAC38
This is the log:

Code: Select all

J_PP_GL_JRNL_LN_Part2_AA..[b]GLJrnlLineP3I3AAC40[/b].Xfmr_Insert_Logic: |J_PP_GL_JRNL_LN_Part2_AA..GLJrnlLineP3I3AAC40.Open_Open_GL.Link_To_Open_Item_Table: DSD.SEQOpen Unable to create file Open_Item_GL_AA.dat.|

J_PP_GL_JRNL_LN_Part2_AA..[b]GLJrnlLineP3I3AAC38[/b].Open_Open_GL.Link_To_Open_Item_Table: DSD.SEQOpen Unable to create file Open_Item_GL_AA.dat.

J_PP_GL_JRNL_LN_Part2_AA..[b]GLJrnlLineP3I3AAC38[/b].Xfmr_Insert_Logic: |J_PP_GL_JRNL_LN_Part2_AA..GLJrnlLineP3I3AAC38.Open_Open_GL.Link_To_Open_Item_Table: DSD.SEQOpen Unable to create file Open_Item_GL_AA.dat.|
Thx
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's because you're breaking the rules again. The operating system (not DataStage) only allows one writer to a file at one time. You must write to separate files, and assemble them into one afterwards with a TYPE command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Data is written in blocks of characters (4K, 8K, etc). There is no concept of a "row" in a file, therefore, simultaneous writers will interleave data in the file according to the block size. Also, you'll have to deal with locking mechanisms the operating system may impose.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle