Problem in Sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem in Sequence

Post by Xpert »

Hi,

I am using Datastage Keymgtnextval routine to generate a sequence. But my problem is, after some run or some days its automatically resetting to 1. I dont know where the problem is but there is no manual resetting. Pls help me...... Thanks in Advance....
With regards,
Xpert
caltog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by caltog »

Hi

I had a similar problem when I moved from from dev to prd environment. I had to recopy the hasfile located in the project diretory to solve this (Hashfile : SDKSequences)

Have a look on the other post of the forum. They are already several information abouth you question.
Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Xpert »

Hi,

Thanks for your kind reply. But i am not able to find any post. Pls help me.
Thanks in advance........
With regards,
Xpert
mohanraj
Participant

Post by mohanraj »

caltog wrote:Hi

I had a similar problem when I moved from from dev to prd environment. I had to recopy the hasfile located in the project diretory to solve this (Hashfile : SDKSequences)

Have a look on the other post of the forum. They are already several information abouth you question.
Hi caltog

But our seq is getting resetted automatically without moving our jobs from development to production

Please help us out by telling us how u solved your problem.

If anybody faced similar kind of problem then please share your solution.
Your inputs are very important to us.

Thanks in advance
Mohan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sequences in SDKSequences do not get reset automatically.

Somewhere in your processing a process (routine?) is being invoked to reset the sequence.

Computers do what they are told. Only what they are told. Not necessarily what you want them to do. There is an art to the telling.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.