How to clear RT_LOG****

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nishant_prakash
Participant

How to clear RT_LOG****

Post by nishant_prakash »

HI All,

One of the lof files has reached a size of 2GB.. I am unable to clear it by the clear job log option in director.. The operation hangs and gives some error..

Can anyone tell me how to clear this log file? Is it safe to delete its content from Unix???

Regards
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

You can try "CLEAR.FILE RT_LOG****" from the administrator client
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Search for RT_LOGnnn and you will get many posts regarding this. THe simplest way to do this will be to delete the job and then reimport it ...:)
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

I am unable to clear it by the clear job log option in director.. The operation hangs and gives some error..
What error it gives, can you please paste it over here.
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

The Director client might go in Waist state till it gets deleted. Else you can use CLEAR.FILE with directly the filename, as mentioned. But this will again remove the Auto purge option to not work.
Or create a Copyof current job and delete the old job, and rename the Copy of job to the old job name.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Re: How to clear RT_LOG****

Post by ArndW »

Using "CLEAR.FILE RT_LOGnnn" is not necessarily a good solution; since this will also remove the normal purge settings. Best is to set the purge settings to your desired value so that the log files don't grow to untenable sizes.
nishant_prakash wrote:...I am unable to clear it by the clear job log option in director.. The operation hangs and gives some error...
What error are you getting?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The "Clear" utility in Director is a DELETE transaction which does not delete the control records, followed by some UPDATE transactions that correct values in those control records. Director must wait until those transactions are completed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.