Maintaining the project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anshumangupta1206
Participant

Maintaining the project

Post by anshumangupta1206 »

I have recently migrated from Datstage version7.1 to DS version 7.5 .

We have a prject called GMIS_Mig in the version 7.1 but now I want to have a project in version 7.5 with the same name as GMIS_Mig because we dont' want to change the Unix scripts having the refernce to GMIS_mig project in teh version 7.1

Can you please advise how this can be done.
wed
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What stops you to create a new project "GMIS_Mig" and import all the project in it?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you upgrade to 7.5 the projects are automatically upgraded.

Are you doing an -itag installation? In that case alone the above statement is not true, but will not affect your scripts, as the two server installations are separate. Otherwise they are on separate machines, and again the project names are not shared.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
anshumangupta1206
Participant

Post by anshumangupta1206 »

GMIS_Mig was the actual name of the project in the verison 7.1 and we needed a new project on version on 7.5 also with the same name.

And every time we added the new project it says the project already exists(though it was on veriosn 7.1)

Anyways we have deleted teh earlier project :idea: and added teh new one with the name GMIS_Mig

Thanks a lot
wed
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... which tells me you were not doing an -itag installation. Without this it is impossible to run two versions of the server on the same machine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What is the exact error message that you get?
Check your project folder if you have the directory still exist.
Use LIST UV_SCHEMA in TCL or in your Command option available in Datastage Adminstrator, to see if the project get listed out.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'