Unwanted Folders

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asitagrawal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unwanted Folders

Post by asitagrawal »

Hi,

The 'Ascential\Datastage\Projects\TEST' folder has grown up in size to a large amount.
I can see many such folders (approx count of each type is 3000)
DS_TEMPxxxx
RT_BPxxxx
RT_BPxxxx.O
RT_CONFIGxxxx
RT_LOGxxxx
RT_STATUSxxxx.

Please suggest me to which one is for what and wheteher I can remove some of them. Can I manually delete them or is there any command from the Command Interface?

Thx.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Each job you create will generate these folders/hashed files. If you wish to get rid of some of these then you should look at your project and delete or export those jobs you no longer need.

If you manually delete any of these from the OS level you will corrupt your project.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Do you still need the jobs that they support? If not, simply delete the jobs and all of those will go along for the ride.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search the forum to discover the purposes of these. Each is vital in its own way to the job it supports - none is unwanted unless you no longer need the job.

If you're looking to recover some disk space, clean out old files from the &PH& directory, and any old files in the directory whose pathname is given by the UVTEMP parameter in the uvconfig file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.