protecting the selected category of jobs inside the project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arun@sinmax
Premium Member
Premium Member

protecting the selected category of jobs inside the project

Post by arun@sinmax »

Hi All,
In my project i have two category(folder) namely business and working.I
am keeping my final version of job in business category and all the developement activity i am doing in working category.
Now my requirement is to protect the business category so thet only with some userid i can access both the folder and all other usrid will have access to the working folder only.

So put some light on how can i achieve this.

thanks in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Changing protection within a project for different cateogries is not part of the normal scope of DataStage. It is better to split this into 2 projects and do the protection at a project level.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I posted some shell scripts to do this in UNIX with separate projects. You will need to change permissions on some of files in the DSEngine directory. The default setuo is for the same group as dsadm to be used by all developers. It is not complicated but DS_LICENSE and some other directories need chmod 777 on them.

If you can't find the scripts then ask and maybe Kumar can find them. If not I will.
Mamu Kim
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

And this was the one among lot, written by Kim Duke.

Code: Select all

cd $DSHOME 
vi dsenv 
# add umask 007 
vi sample/ds.rc 
# change umask to 007 
chmod -R 777 catdir sql DS_LICENSE 

cd ../Projects 
chmod -R 4770 . 
chmod 4770 . 
cd NewProject 
chgrp -R dstage2 . 
vi .developer.adm .prodmgr.adm .operator.adm 
# add dstage2 
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Thanks again, Kumar. I think there are some more directories like catdir which need 777 permissions. I am not sure without the script. I will look it up.
Mamu Kim
Andet
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Andet »

Kim,

Did you ever find your script? I'm, in the midst of changing the group for developers on a development system and am running into some permission problems.
At the same time, our security department is complaining about rwx for 'others' on any files.

thanks,

Ande
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

They were posted a long time ago.

viewtopic.php?t=95616
Mamu Kim
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

These will not help you. These scripts allow you to create 2 projects where the 2 groups cannot see the other's project. If you want one project protected from specific users then that is a lot easier. You just add the users to /etc/groups into the new group. Next you restrict this project to that group.
Mamu Kim
Andet
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Andet »

I tried that, but by removing the users from the datastage group, they were effectively disabled. I had to change the permissions on the files you had listed, and they were back at work again.

Thanks,

Ande