Server Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zam62
Participant

Server Error

Post by zam62 »

We have mulitple projects on a single server. One of the projects starting to get an error message this morning. All of the other projects appear to be functional.

The error is:
Error calling subroutine: DSR_PROJECT (Action=8); check DataStage is set up correctly in project XXXXXX_XXXX_XXXXX(Name changed to protect the innocent)
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

Does this error sound familiar?
Is there a fix?
Any information will be helpful.
HAVE A GOOD ONE
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Any information? One such source would be all of the postings in these forums from other people facing the same issue. A search on your error message should turn up quite a bit of information to get you started.
Last edited by chulett on Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does this occur for all projects or just one? Does it occur in all clients? Can you connect with Administrator client? If so, does the list of projects on the Projects tab populate correctly? If not, one of the system tables (UV.ACCOUNT or UV_SCHEMA) has become unsynchronized and probably need to be fixed.

But answer the questions first.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

:D , The last time i got this error, all freestanding files in my $DATASTAGE/projects/ProjectName directory had been deleted, apparently by a stray semicolon in the filepath of a sequential file being written to the project directory :D . An ECASE has been raised to IBM. LOL

This happened only for one project.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

When you get this error message?
Is it during compilin the jobs existing in the project?
If so, was there any change in permission for either the project directory or for the userid or group?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

rameshrr3 wrote::D , The last time i got this error, all freestanding files in my $DATASTAGE/projects/ProjectName directory had been deleted, apparently by a stray semicolon in the filepath of a sequential file being written to the project directory :D . An ECASE has been raised to IBM. LOL
Cool, an Ecase to protect you from stray semi-colons? Let us know how that works out. :wink:
-craig

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

zam62 - Do you wish to share, how this issue has been resolved?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
zam62
Participant

Post by zam62 »

kumar_s

That is another issue in and of itself. We brought the server down and back, ran some of the rebuild features, looked into DS.TOOLS, and cleaned out the &PH& directory.
I also deleted some old sequential files in the project directory.
After all of those were completed, the error vanished and we were at back in business.

Not sure what was the culprit, but it may have been a corrupt sequential file.
HAVE A GOOD ONE
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Craig Asked
Cool, an Ecase to protect you from stray semi-colons? Let us know how that works out.
Yes The Ecase has been solved.In the DSD_BP.O directory on the server project home pathname, we replaced the file "DSD_SEQOpen.B", with a new 'copy' IBM gave us. Funny That.

Sorry for the rather late update on this.[/quote]
Last edited by rameshrr3 on Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I was being facetious, but good to know you got a solution to whatever the issue turned out to be. What is the ECase number?
-craig

rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

here goes: 487160*WES