Running the Sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeevm
Participant

Running the Sequencer

Post by rajeevm »

Hi All,

I am trying to run the sequencer ,but it is getting terminated as one job is finished with warnings . what do I need to do to move the sequencer further even if there are warnings.

Thanks for the help.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Change / adjust your trigger expressions. Uncheck 'Automatically handle activities that fail'. Fun things like that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dsscholar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Running the Sequencer

Post by dsscholar »

Change the trigger to
JobA.$JobStatus = DSJS.RUNOK Or JobA.$JobStatus = DSJS.RUNWARN
rajeevm
Participant

Post by rajeevm »

Hi,
Where do I need change the trigger expression and What i have to give for the trigger expression so that sequencer would move further even if one job has warnings

Thanks
dsscholar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsscholar »

In the sequencer, go and right click on the job activity that is failing. Go to its properties, you will find a tab called triggers, change that.
rajeevm
Participant

Post by rajeevm »

what I have to change in the Trigger if the sequencer should proceed further even if one job has warnings

as that target table has the option "CLEAR THE TABLE THEN INSERT THE NEW ONES' ,may be becasue of that I am getting the warning even I ran that job individually .

I am very much confused

Please help me with good solution.

Thanks
dsscholar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsscholar »

This has nothing to do with the upadte action you are performing on the table.

For the sequencer to process sucessfully even if the jobs that it is calling finish with warning, you need to change the properties of the job activities present in the sequencer.

In the properties of the job activity there's a tab called triggers, that should be changed to trigger the next activity even if this job finished with warnings.

The trigger expression for the job activity that's finishing with warnings should be
<JobActivityName>.$JobStatus = DSJS.RUNOK Or <JobActivityName>.$JobStatus = DSJS.RUNWARN

I hope this clears for confusion !