Problem with DS job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

leomauer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem with DS job

Post by leomauer »

I have a job design as follows:

Code: Select all

odbc 
           stage (remoute DB2)
                 |
                 |
Seq_file 
stage ----->Lookup ---------->DB2_UDB_Enterprise 
             stage                  stage (local database load) 
            (sparse lookup)                           

When I ran it I've got an error:
main_program: Fatal Error: Could not connect to datasource[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

What is interesting, if I replace DB2_UDB_Enterprise stage with the ODBC stage the job works.

Because I expect the significant volume from the lookup I decided to use DB2 stage setting Write Method to Load. I fact I also tried to set Write Method to Write and got the same error.
I need a sparse lookup because the input file has only 52 entries that are running against hundreds of millions of rows in the database and may return a few millions.
Also, it is a job to get a test data from production, so building the infrastructure like staging table seemed to take longer.
Any ideas about this error?[/img]
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

This topic does not belong to "Server" Edition.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
leomauer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by leomauer »

Sorry. Can you please delete this post. I moved it to PX forum. Thanks