DataStage Server Job - Help

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

There are not a lot people sharing jobs or routines. I have EtlStats which I share. Ken Bland has several jobs and routines which he shares on his web site. Do a search. There are lots of posts explaining mine and Ken's jobs. The same is true for hashed files. I think there is a FAQ on the subject as well.

Hashed files are used to do lookups mostly. I think cross reference lookups are the most common meaning I have one or more source keys which become one surrogate key in a dimension table. You need to do this lookup to see whether or not the source record is new or needs to be updated.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you don't have DataStage installed on your system then there is no convenient way for you to receive any DataStage jobs, simple or otherwise.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: DataStage Server Job - Help

Post by gateleys »

Training, or at least, the manuals that accompany DataStage installation.

gateleys
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: DataStage Server Job - Help

Post by gateleys »

But of course, you will have to have hands-on experience to really learn DataStage (or for that matter, any tool).

Did I go wrong anywhere? Hmmm!!:wink:

gateleys
Lavanya Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Lavanya Srinivasan »

This is Lavanya again. Thanks for taking your time in answering me. However, I didn't find any answer for my query:

"Whether hash file is a pre-sized file? If yes then what do you meant by that?"

I know that hash file works under hashing algo. But I don't know about pre-sized file. Can you please clarify?

Many Thanks,

Lavanya Srinivasan
RAJEEV KATTA
Participant

Post by RAJEEV KATTA »

Hi,
Hashed file divides data on different groups in a disk using hashing algorithm which is done before a hashed file is being created thats the reason it is called pre-sized file.
Lavanya Srinivasan wrote:This is Lavanya again. Thanks for taking your time in answering me. However, I didn't find any answer for my query:

"Whether hash file is a pre-sized file? If yes then what do you meant by that?"

I know that hash file works under hashing algo. But I don't know about pre-sized file. Can you please clarify?

Many Thanks,

Lavanya Srinivasan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Hashed files are not necessarily pre-sized. This is a choice that the developer can make. By default table space management in DataStage dynamic hashed files is automatic.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.