DB2 Datastage issues:

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shilpa79
Participant

DB2 Datastage issues:

Post by shilpa79 »

While loading the DB2 tables i am facing lot of issues like:
1)The system size is full
2)If I want to view the data the Job just hangs up for a while without any errors and warnings.
And Again If I run the Job for second time it runs successfully.
Why we are getting each and everytime diff issues instead if we are running the same Job and without changing the logic.
3)Date problems(If the source is comming as char and I want to load in Date format it will not take as a date ,after using the Iconv and Oconv functions and using Date element as date also its not working)

Please advise...... :roll:

Thanks,
Shilpa.
Last edited by shilpa79 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you taken the training class?

Have you asked your support provider, or searched here, for information about the date format expected by the DB2 stage?

Have you discussed with your DBA or operating system administrator about the "system" (whatever you mean by that) being full?

How much experience do you have in the IT industry as a developer, and what is it that you have done?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shilpa79
Participant

Post by shilpa79 »

No, I havenot taken any classes.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: DB2 Datastage issues:

Post by ray.wurlod »

shilpa79 wrote:Why we are getting each and everytime diff issues instead if we are running the same Job and without changing the logic.
Because other things, such as resource availability, change over time.
Documenting such restrictions/requirements is part of the overall skill set of the experienced DataStage practitioner.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.