Aborting job for a paticular input

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harryhome
Participant

Aborting job for a paticular input

Post by harryhome »

Hi

I want to abort the job , when from a paticular column a paticular value comes.

This job is a part of a sequence , i can also affort to increase on job after this to abort the job for particular value.

Plz guide me for the same.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

One method is to put a condition in your transform stage variable

Code: Select all

IF [column contains a specific value] THEN UtilityAbortToLog('Oh no, Mr. Bill') ELSE ''
Last edited by ArndW on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Aborting job for a paticular input

Post by gateleys »

harryhome wrote:Hi

I want to abort the job , when from a paticular column a paticular value comes.
Just curious, can you share some example values and reason why you would want to abort the job in their occurrence?

gateleys
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'd be curious as well, but can pass along why we've done something similar across our project.

We have certain lookups of 'core' reference data, the kind that should never fail. On the off chance one does fail, there's no reason to carry on and process anything else, no reason to be subtle about it - with something very similar to what Arnd posted, the job kills itself. :shock:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

chulett wrote:We have certain lookups of 'core' reference data, the kind that should never fail. On the off chance one does fail, there's no reason to carry on and process anything else, no reason to be subtle about it - with something very similar to what Arnd posted, the job kills itself. :shock:
Oh yes. In my case, similar situations are handled at the sequence level, and using Terminator to abort it if required. Of course, using UtilityAbortToLog in the Transformer is simpler.

gateleys