Warning while loading into Sybase table.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

narayana_382
Premium Member
Premium Member

Warning while loading into Sybase table.

Post by narayana_382 »

Hi
I am reading a seq file, applying business rules, inserting the correct records into the sybase correct data table, creating an exception data seq file(by using the rejects option in the transformer) and also inserting the source row, load dtm and exception error message into the sybase log table.

I am unable to insert the warning message given out by the director into the error message column of sybase log table.

my design is as follows:
SeqFile--->Transfr---->Exceptional data Seq file
------->Sybase log table
---------->Sybase correct data table

I am getting the following warning in the director for the column

SEQREAD1.DRG_MEME_MEMBER: At row 1, link "lnLoadMeme", while processing column "MEME_CK"
Value treated as NULL
Attempt to convert String value "A6200301" to Long type unsuccessful

MEME_CK column type is Integer in all the files which I am reading and writing.

Due to this error I am thrown with another error in the Director

SEQREAD1.DRG_MEME_MEMBER: At row 1, link "lnLoadMeme"
Sybase Server message 3621 (severity 10) from stored procedure 'Input_0', line 1: Command has been aborted.
At row 1, link "lnLoadMeme"
Sybase Server warning 515 (severity 16) from stored procedure 'Input_0', line 1: Attempt to insert NULL value into column 'MEME_CK', table 'DEV100.dbo.DRG_MEME_MEMBER'; column does not allow nulls. Update fails.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nari.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Warning while loading into Sybase table.

Post by DeepakCorning »

Well is the value correct?? Because from what I understood is an alphanumeric value is getting inserted in an integer field which of course will throw a warning.
narayana_382
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by narayana_382 »

Log message in the Director

Sybase Server message 3621 (severity 10) from stored procedure 'Input_0', line 1: Command has been aborted.
Sybase Server warning 515 (severity 16) from stored procedure 'Input_0', line 1: Attempt to insert NULL value into column 'MEME_BIRTH_DT', table 'DEV100.dbo.DRG_MEME_MEMBER'; column does not allow nulls. Update fails.

There is no special character in the log.But when I read using the (DSGetLinkInfo(DSJ.ME, DSJ.ME,'lnLoadMeme', DSJ.LINKLASTERR))command to get the link error info I am getting inserted with that special character. It is inserted into that sequential file only when it starts with a newline character.
i.e immediately after the "lnLoadMeme" word which is occuring twice we get the two special characters inserted just before the "Sybase Server warning" word starts.

Thanks for all the effort.

Regards,
Nari.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check for any Unicode or NLS option to be changed.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
narayana_382
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by narayana_382 »

Kumar,
Please let me know if I need to check regarding Unicode or NLS option for that particular column.

Thanks,
Nari.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

It will be changed on the stage Level. WIll be in Properties , General.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Warning while loading into Sybase table.

Post by ray.wurlod »

narayana_382 wrote:Hi
I am reading a seq file, applying business rules, inserting the correct records into the sybase correct data table, creating an exception data seq file(by using the rejects option in the transformer) and also inserting the source row, load dtm and exception error message into the sybase log table.

I am unable to insert the warning message given out by the director into the error message column of sybase log table.

my design is as follows:
SeqFile--->Transfr---->Exceptional data Seq file
------->Sybase log table
---------->Sybase correct data table

I am getting the following warning in the director for the column

SEQREAD1.DRG_MEME_MEMBER: At row 1, link "lnLoadMeme", while processing column "MEME_CK"
Value treated as NULL

Due to this error I am thrown with another error in the Director

Sybase Server warning 515 (severity 16) from stored procedure 'Input_0', line 1: Attempt to insert NULL value into column 'MEME_CK', table 'DEV100.dbo.DRG_MEME_MEMBER'; column does not allow nulls. Update fails.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nari.
String value "A6200301" can not be converted to a Long (int64) since it contains at least one non-numeric character.

The error about attempting to insert a null into a non-null column is probably unrelated to this, and results from a second bad thing in your job design.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
narayana_382
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by narayana_382 »

Ray,
Couldnt get what you have mentioned..Please mention it again as to how do I read the log and input the log message into a column.

Thanks,
Nari.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What don't you get? I pointed out that you can't violate the data type and nullability rules.

If you can't read my entire message because you haven't yet purchased premium membership, this can be corrected for less than $1 per week.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.