Periodic connection failures (OLE DB HRESULT=0x80004005)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Periodic connection failures (OLE DB HRESULT=0x80004005)

Post by RodBarnes »

I have a job that is periodically experiencing connection errors. It is never at the same time and typically happens once a day -- although it had no failures over the last three days.

I'm looking for some suggestions of how to track down what might be happening. The OLE DB error is a general failure to connect. I've checked the logs on that server and there is no indication of anything there -- not that I would expect there would be since the OLE DB error indicates that it couldn't even get in the door.

The job runs from a sequence that has it in a loop. The loop checks the time and then runs the job to get the next 100 records. (These are very large records.) If the time hits 9:30pm, the loop is exited to allow for that server's downtime. Then it is scheduled to start again the next morning. It starts fine but then sometime during the day it will hit the connection failure and abort. I can then start it again and it continues without a problem.

Thanks for any ideas.