[Informix ODBC Driver]Could not update a row in the table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

singhald
Participant

[Informix ODBC Driver]Could not update a row in the table

Post by singhald »

Hi All
when i run my ds job, it is throwing this warning message for some records "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Could not update a row in the table." , I am updating the records in the table in informix database using user defined query in informix stage.

please tell me why this error happening.

Regards.
Singhal
Regards,
Deepak Singhal
Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: [Informix ODBC Driver]Could not update a row in the tabl

Post by gateleys »

Can you provide more information on your job design, and the ODBC settings (Update existing rows!!)? Also, have you tried to see if an insert works fine?

gateleys
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
If your using array size of 1 then are you getting the values of the failed update row?
If not can you see if setting array size to 1 helps getting the values and try to see what the informix sql editor give when you try to perform the same update?

In short your update record is rejected by the DB, it seems your simply not getting a detailed enough message.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does the executing user have UPDATE privilege on the table in question? Is any Informix error code reported (perhaps as DBMSCODE)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
singhald
Participant

Post by singhald »

Hi Roy ,

I am updating existing records in a single table using three diffreent links from transformer to single informix stage.

_________________________|-----A-------|
infomrixstage-->Transformer|-----B--------|-----> Infrormix Stage( table)
_________________________|-----C-------|

I am using Transaction size =1 and Array size=1 for all three links. but still some of the records are not updating , It showing the same error message in the log view "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Could not update a row in the table."

I sucessfully updated those records manually. I dont know why it showing this error.
Please help me to resolve thsi issue.
Regards,
Deepak Singhal
singhald
Participant

Post by singhald »

can somebody please help me regarding this issue.
Regards,
Deepak Singhal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, but you'll need to help yourself - all we can do is point you in the right direction. In spite of what you are thinking, the error message states you are trying to update a non-existent record. Oracle wouldn't care and would happily update nothing. Informix cares.

Double-check your work. Dump the user-defined sql (it's nothing but trouble) unless you absolutely need it. Step through the job in the debugger if you need to. Figure out where it is going astray.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is the database created without logging? If that's the case, when DataStage sends the COMMIT (after the triplet of UPDATE statements) Informix will reject it because there's no transaction log.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.