This item has no design time information

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: This item has no design time information

Post by DeepakCorning »

"This item has no design time information" Search on this on the forum , you will find quite alo tof posts related to this.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How did you make the copy?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
durgaps
Participant

Post by durgaps »

chulett wrote:How did you make the copy?
I guess there are 2 types of copies (of course excluding the import/export the .dsx file ).

1. Do a CREATE COPY.
2. Open the job and do a SAVE AS.

Which option will raise the above mentioned issue?
Durga Prasad
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Neither, which is why I asked the question. Unless Angela has done something 'special' to only bring over the job executables, it's not something that typically happens.

This used to be what you always got from the Designer when you weren't in Dev, back in the days of 'released' jobs.
-craig

amnr90
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by amnr90 »

I copy the job with Save As. But the same thing happen when I make a export and try to open an other project. This happens only at one project.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That suggests your project is corrupt. Have you every 'reindexed' a project? Worked with the DS.TOOLS menu? That would be the suggestion for a next step. Search the fourm for 'reindex' or DS.REINDEX as there have been many posts on the subject explaining the process.

Basically, you kick everybody (everybody!) off and run the 'Rebuild Repository Indexes' option from the DS.TOOLS menu when attached to the project in question.
-craig

amnr90
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by amnr90 »

I re indexed the project and still the problem, i get this message:

"Record J\598\V11S0 in file DS_JOBOBJECTS does not exist"

And the job show me no stages.

I have 2 more projects and the problem only is in one of them. What can be happening?
byjones
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by byjones »

Hi... I am Angela with premier user....

I still with the problem but now i need to move all the jobs to a new server and i can not import the project because the manager's message is "No objects found for import!" :roll:

I really don know what to do ... do I have to rebuild all the projects?? (There are more than 500)

Gracias por la ayuda!!!

Angela
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Are you importing a .dsx file? Did you create it? Were you doing a Selected Items import or just importing the whole file?
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
byjones
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by byjones »

First I exported the whole project to a .dsx file and tried to a .xml file too and then I imported at the new server.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

When doing an import of the .dsx file, choose Import Selected and see what objects show up in the list. Verify that you're choosing the correct file to import, also, make sure you're using the appropriate user to import the jobs.
Kenneth Bland

byjones
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by byjones »

All the objects are at the list.
And the user is dsadm, Is the user who developed all the jobs.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

When importing, did you Import Selected or Import All? If Import Selected you have to click on all the jobs to import. Can you try one and see if it imports? Otherwise, Import All should load the whole .dsx file. Can you paste any exact error message you get?

By the way, on future issues, start a new post instead of using someone elses. When starting a new post, you're forced to enter your hardware platform and DS version information. Because you are using someone else's post as your own, it's not "polite". Thanks.
Kenneth Bland

ray.wurlod
Participant

Answer to OP

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you open the original job successfully? If yes, something has gone wrong with the copy - delete it and try again. Make sure that the job is not open in any client and not running when you make the copy.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Administrator client will tell you if a project is protected. Yours is not, because you have been able to effect edits.

The message "Record J\644\V0A5 in file DS_JOBOBJECTS does not exist" refers to an annotation. But that may not be the only other thing missing from the job.

Do you have an earlier, successful, export of this job? If so, you might try renaming the bad job then importing from the good export.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.