Dtastage Operator Role

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Dtastage Operator Role

Post by shrey3a »

Hi,

We are in process to make our Prod jobs in non-edit mode.
We are planning to assign the support group ods to Datastage Operator role group.

My query is can Operator do import/ export (manager utility) of ETL jobs
as we have scenarios in prod when we support group has to fix the ETL's in middle of night. So we thought they can make the changes in test move it to over ride prj and run the fixes from over ride prj pointing to prod.

Or there is any other best way of doing it.

Thanks in advance.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Dtastage Operator Role

Post by DeepakCorning »

This Post may help you although this is related to Windows--

viewtopic.php?t=103387&highlight=
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Dtastage Operator Role

Post by ray.wurlod »

shrey3a wrote:Hi,

We are in process to make our Prod jobs in non-edit mode.
We are planning to assign the support group ods to Datastage Operator role group.

My query is can Operator do import/ export (manager utility) of ETL jobs
as we have scenarios in prod when we support group has to fix the ETL's in middle of night. So we thought they can make the changes in test move it to over ride prj and run the fixes from over ride prj pointing to prod.

Or there is any other best way of doing it.

Thanks in advance.
1. No.
2. No (without being in the Developer role (if your production project is not protected) or the Business Manager role (if your production project is protected)).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Even worse - unless something has changed recently, Operators can only see released jobs. I haven't released a job in years, not since the advent of Version Control.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shrey3a »

Thanks for all your suggestions Just wanted to clear clear last doubt

DataStage developer role can not modify the Protected Project i.e. can not make changes to ETL and save them only DS Prod Manager can make changes to ETL /save nd compile them in Protected project.

Thanks Agian
chulett wrote:Even worse - unless something has changed recently, Operators can only see released jobs. I haven't released a job in years, not since the advent of Version Control.
diamondabhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by diamondabhi »

I believe even then the production manager needs to unprotect the project ,then save and compile. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.
Every great mistake has a halfway moment, a split second when it can be recalled and perhaps remedied.
shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shrey3a »

I've a doubt can DS Developer role can import/export jobs in an Protected Project.

If yes then those jobs will be editable in non protected Project for user role DS Developer.

Thanks,

diamondabhi wrote:I believe even then the production manager needs to unprotect the project ,then save and compile. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.