Installation of a stage in every project ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kaps
Participant

Installation of a stage in every project ?

Post by kaps »

we have recently installed a stage to our existing project. I beleive we have to install that stage in every project we create now on. Is there any option we can avoid the reinstall of this stage in each project ? I remember reading about this in this forum but I am not able to locate that post now...

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Installation of a stage in every project ?

Post by DeepakCorning »

Install it in Template Project. Next time when you create a project it will reflect the changes.
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Thanks for the reply.

What is template project ? I have never used it before. Can you please elaborate the steps involved or direct me to the manual which talks about this ?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you use the Package Installer it asks which project for installation. Select all projects.

You can not add anything to the Template project; it's not a real project, it's only a template of a project. The reason you can't add things there (unless re-installing the server) is that it does not have a VOC.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

To me, the best answer here is to do a Server reinstallation. It will recognize the fact that you already have the version installed, and will default to maintenance mode. One option there is to install new plug-in stages. Doing it there will get the 'Template' project as well so that new projects will have them installed automatically.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

What about the Patches?? I remember we had Patches where we had to copy some files to each and every projects and the Patch Document said that add it in Template Project and Next time when you create a project this patch will automatically will be applied to the new one.
But I got your point , this scenario is different than the Patch one.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Patches have their own installation scripts that can update the template directly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Thanks a lot for the reply...I will try to reinstall the server...