Date Range Lookup Error Using UV Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Date Range Lookup Error Using UV Stage

Post by gsym »

Hi DSXCHAGERS,

I implimented the UVSTAGE method for the date range lookup as suggested in previous posts. But, I am getting

"DSD.BCIOpenRef call to SQLNumResultCols failed.SQL statement has incorrect number of result columns" error.

I created a seperate job to create a hashed file "HASHED_M_EMPLOYEE_UV" in the localuv. Used UVSTAGE to read from this hashed file.

I am using userdefined SQL in lookup UVSTAGE:

SQL for primary inputs:
SELECT I_EMP_DIM, D_DAY_STRT, D_DAY_END, I_USER FROM HASHED_M_EMPLOYEE_UV

SQL for reference inputs:
SELECT I_EMP_DIM FROM HASHED_M_EMPLOYEE_UV WHERE I_USER_MYP=? AND (D_DAY_STRT<=? AND D_DAY_END>=?)

Table used in Query:
HASHED_M_EMPLOYEE_UV

Please advice on this error.

Thanks
gsym
Last edited by gsym on Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Did you set the datatypes in the UV stage to Varchar? If not, set it to varchar for all columns and then try running your job. Also, make sure you have created the hashed file correctly, i.e. if you are not using the Delete before create option, you have to be sure that you didn't change the metadata of the hashedfile(such as adding new columns or deleting columns) after you have created it.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you're doing the range lookup you need to lie to DataStage about which columns are Key. In your case you need three columns identified as Key: I_USER_MYP, D_DAY_STRT and D_DAY_END. The Columns grid should contain only these and I_EMP_DIM (a total of four columns).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsym »

Hello,

Still getting the same error :(

This what I did..

# Created the Hashed file with a synthetic key, using @INROWNUM, to get all the rows from the source to hashed file. Total 5 coulmns(I_EMP_DIM,I_USER, D_DAY_STRT,D_DAY_END and SYN_KEY).

# Used UVSTAGE to fetched records from Hashed file. Only 4 columns (I_EMP_DIM,I_USER, D_DAY_STRT and D_DAY_END) were used. And I did set the datatypes for all the to VARCHAR in UVSTAGE.

# Also defined I_USER, D_DAY_STRT and D_DAY_END as key columns in UVSTAGE and mapped as below:(did all the conversions)

I_USER from Source ----> I_USER from UVSTAGE ,
D_DATE from Source ----> D_DAY_STRT from UVSTAGE &
D_DATE from Source ----> D_DAY_END from UVSTAGE.

# SQL for primary inputs:

SELECT I_EMP_DIM, D_DAY_STRT, D_DAY_END, I_USER FROM HASHED_M_EMPLOYEE_UV

#SQL for reference inputs:

SELECT I_EMP_DIM FROM HASHED_M_EMPLOYEE_UV WHERE I_USER=? AND (D_DAY_STRT<=? AND D_DAY_END>=?)

#Table used in Query:

HASHED_M_EMPLOYEE_UV -- Is this correct???

# Also in the Transformer Stage where the UVSTAGE is referenced, I checked the "reference link with multi row result set". I actually tried with and without this checkbox enabled.

Ray & Kris - Thanks for replying to my post and it will be really helpful if you can suggest/advice me if any alterations to be made to the ETL.

Thanks,
gsym
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Used UVSTAGE to fetched records from Hashed file. Only 4 columns (I_EMP_DIM,I_USER, D_DAY_STRT and D_DAY_END) were used. And I did set the datatypes for all the to VARCHAR in UVSTAGE.
Include the SYN_KEY in the UVStage and then try reading the data from the UV stage.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson