Apply changes in .developer.adm and .prodmgr.adm files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

avi21st
Charter Member
Charter Member

Apply changes in .developer.adm and .prodmgr.adm files

Post by avi21st »

Hi

I have posted this as a part of my previosu post but again posting this for better response

Code: Select all

I manually added new unix user groups in the .developer.adm ,and .prodmgr.adm files - then restarted the Datastage Server using uv -admin start and stop
but the .developer.adm , .dsadmin, .prodmgr.adm files are not picked up
Why I came to this conclusion is- I changed my primary user group to the old user group present in the .developer.adm and I can log in to datastage and I can access both designer and adminsitrator. But still other developers cannot.

My questions:
Do we manully update .developer.adm , .dsadmin, .prodmgr.adm files or there is a datastage application to add the unix groups to this files

Ho are the new groups picked up by datastage server

Please let me know
Avishek Mukherjee
Data Integration Architect
Chicago, IL, USA.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I already answered this question in its previous incarnation so Avishek will not want me to answer it again here (seems to want to keep asking until the desired answer is obtained).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
avi21st
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by avi21st »

ray.wurlod wrote:I already answered this question in its previous incarnation so Avishek will not want me to answer it again here (seems to want to keep asking until the desired answer is obtained).
Sorry about that Ray..but wanted to get better response with a correct heading to address the problem

As I understood it is not how I created the unix groups but the Datastage server cannot recognize the groups
Avishek Mukherjee
Data Integration Architect
Chicago, IL, USA.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sounds like time to involve your support provider. It works fine for me on 7.5.1 on Red Hat AS3.0.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.