Problem with Sort Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rkdatastage
Participant

Problem with Sort Stage

Post by rkdatastage »

Hi All

I had encountered this error while working with a Sort Stage

Error :
Internal Error: sort specification error, function create_sort_spec returned [Invalid sort specification]

can anyone help me out what might be the problem

Thanks in advance
RK
rkdatastage
Participant

Post by rkdatastage »

Hi All

can any one share your ideas on this problem

Thanks in advance
RK
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check the columns and the keys mentioned in the Sort stage. If you were trying to type the column names, avoid it and try with the Datastage Click event.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Tell us how you've specified the sorting. It's this that the stage is complaining about. Post the generated OSH related to the Sort stage.

Etiquette Note
Don't push. This is an all-volunteer site; folks post as and when they can. The hour between your two posts were in the middle of the night where I am; if you want me to answer your questions at these hours I am sure we can come to some (expensive) commercial arrangement.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.