DataStage Server dsrpcd is taking 6 gig of memory.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lcallif2
Participant

DataStage Server dsrpcd is taking 6 gig of memory.

Post by lcallif2 »

This is 1/3 of the total memory on the UNIX computer and is driving the Admin crazy... We need to lower the amount used. So, how do we lower the amount used and what is considered an acceptable value ?

Thanks,

Lester
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Does the dsrpcd take up the same amount after you bring down and restart DataStage as well?

Have you made any changes to your uvconfig file?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is the debugging option (-d option on command line) used when dsrpcd is started? This certainly seems to be way too much memory.

Your support provider will be able to help; they can guide you through configuring malloc tracing. [Note to all others: I will NOT discuss malloc tracing on DSXchange - it is solely for IBM support.]
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lcallif2
Participant

Post by lcallif2 »

In order to alleviate the Mutex error (which is still an issue but may be related to the IPC stage), we changed 2 parameters; spintries (10) and spinsleep (10000). Stopped the ds engine, performed a regen, started the ds engine.
Lester
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

SPINTRIES and SPINSLEEP ought not to increase memory demanded by dsprcd by more than a few bytes. Certainly not 6GB.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I really am curious. If you measure your current dsrpcd size, then bounce the DS engine, what size is the newly started dsrpcd? This will help determine if some setting(s) have increased the base size or if, for some reason, you have a memory growth issue.