Handling Time through stages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sreenivas
Participant

Handling Time through stages

Post by Sreenivas »

Hi,

I know date and datetime is handled through Timestamp as data type and with 19 length.

Can someone tell me how Time can be handled like what data type and length to be considered and if we have to hard code the value like '13:00:00' how is it handled.

Thanks in Advance
Sree
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If this is truly time, then the maximum legal value is 23:59:59. If you need 30:00:00 you're really talking about "interval".

There is nothing out of the box in DataStage for working with intervals but, because times are stored internally as seconds, then Mod() and Div() functions can be used to generate interval formats.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

It is the 'Time' datatype which occupies 8Bytes.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Sreenivas
Participant

Post by Sreenivas »

kumar_s wrote:It is the 'Time' datatype which occupies 8Bytes. ...
Hi,

Thanks for your response, i see size of Time data type on DB2 database as 3 and it accepts '12:00:00' this value to update or insert. It just do not accept through Ascential.
Please suggest me.

Sree