Unlocking stage types and table defintions

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kool_cons
Participant

Unlocking stage types and table defintions

Post by kool_cons »

Hi,

we are exported all the routines,stage type and table definitions as read only to new project. we want to make non-read only. I know there is a command to make non-read onlyfor jobs not for others(routines,table definitions). If you guys know the command to make it non-read only, please help me..
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi
You can do this in Administrator/Project/Properties/ProtectProject.Need more help do a search in the Forum.
I know there is a command to make non-read onlyfor jobs not for others(routines,table definitions). If you guys know the command to make it non-read only, please help me..
chandrayadaraju
Participant

Re: Unlocking stage types and table defintions

Post by chandrayadaraju »

kool_cons wrote:Hi,

we are exported all the routines,stage type and table definitions as read only to new project. we want to make non-read only. I know there is a command to make non-read onlyfor jobs not for others(routines,table definitions). If you guys know the command to make it non-read only, please help me..
Here the commands

Job designs
Code:
UPDATE DS_JOBOBJECTS SET READONLY = 'NRO' WHERE READONLY = 'RO';

Routines Code:
UPDATE DS_ROUTINES SET READONLY = 'NRO' WHERE READONLY = 'RO';

Transforms
Code:
UPDATE DS_TRANSFORMS SET READONLY = 'NRO' WHERE READONLY = 'RO';

Data Elements
Code:
UPDATE DS_DATATYPES SET READONLY = 'NRO' WHERE READONLY = 'RO';

Table Definitions
Code:
UPDATE DS_METADATA SET READONLY = 'NRO' WHERE READONLY = 'RO';

Shared Containers
Code:
UPDATE DS_CONTAINERS SET READONLY = 'NRO' WHERE READONLY = 'RO';
Chandra M Yadaraju
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You may find it easier to search-and-replace the ReadOnly property in the export file. Change it from 1 to 0.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.