to collect rejects while joining to files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Edwink
Participant

to collect rejects while joining to files

Post by Edwink »

hi,
i m joing two files there are some rejects i need to take the count of reject files ..can any one help me how to get thet count
Thanks in advance
Edi :)
Woth
Participant

Post by Woth »

Hi,
Not having much information about the stages you are using, here is a simple idea.
You could use a stage variable in the transformer stage. Have it output it once when the job is completed (either in a seperate sequential file or any other way you wish). In that file, you could have 2 columns -- number rejected and number validated

simple idea -- might do the job.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

or just do it at the unix level by using the wc -l command
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

If you want to produce a report of the rejected rows, you can either opt for the dsjob -linkinfor or DSLinkInfo.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What, precisely, do you mean by "rejected" rows? A join by definition does not generated reject rows. It simply generates the result of the join.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Edwink
Participant

Post by Edwink »

friends,
i need to collect the unmatch records while joining two files... and i m using merge stage for joining..since i need to take report on joining i need both matched record count as well unmached...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Match stage does not have this functionality.

Ask yourself how you would do it with a pair of database tables? The join just gives you the matched rows; the others do not appear unless you create a second query.

Then figure out how to do it with DataStage. Merge stage is not the solution, since it can only perform an equi-join.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.