Problem with Aggregator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bhaskarjha
Participant

Problem with Aggregator

Post by bhaskarjha »

Hi,
My Job design is

(Source (DB2 table) with some lookup) ---> Agreegator ---> Target (DB2 table).

I am facing problem while aggregating the record. Approximately I have 2.5 lacs record in Souce table. While running the job I get following Error mesg

[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/AIX64] SQL0912N The maximum number of lock requests has been reached for the database. SQLSTATE=57011.

If I limit input (say 10,000) then its working fine. The sol i have found on the net is either to incrase the locksize of database or reset connection & then run the job. I have tried but failed. Can anyone pls help me.
Bhaskar Jha
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's got nothing at all to do with the Aggregator. You have misdiagnosed this.

The problem is that the lock table in DB2 is becoming full due to a combination or your activity and all other activities against the database.

You can modify your job's locking strategy, or you can have the DBA create larger lock tables. For example, if you use table-level locking, then you only take one lock for the entire table; on the downside, any other user holding a record-level lock will block your job from obtaining the table-level lock.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.