Packager Wizard Problem.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

guggi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Packager Wizard Problem.

Post by guggi »

Hi All,
I have to provide a packger wizard for deployement. When I select project in Manager and goto Packger Wizard and select option JobDepolyement and give rest file name and location, when I say finish Its response that At Least once job in a packge. How to include job in that???

Thanxs in Advance

Guggi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Packager Wizard as a mechanism for deployment was last used when the Great Pyramid of Cheops was built. You can't create a job deployment package until you have released one or more jobs.

It is much easier to use Version Control to get read-only DataStage objects promoted.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
guggi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by guggi »

Hi Ray,
Thanks, What is the meaning of released one or more jobs ?

Client want only Package Wizard ???

Regards
Guggi
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

In Manager, highlight the job and go to Tools|Release Job. This job will be available to the Package Wizard.

John
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

WHY does client only want Packager Wizard?

It is outdated and superseded technology, at least for job deployment. And if they don't understand "released jobs", then they are speaking from a position of total ignorance.

Challenge them!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.