How to delete & update records from DB2 API Stage?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iamnagus
Participant

How to delete & update records from DB2 API Stage?

Post by iamnagus »

Hi,

I need to delete or update a record from DB2 table.
My job design is like this.

DB2 API stage--------->Transformer-------->DB2 API Stage
(To read the table) (To assign a value (To update or Delete)
Into stage variable)

Qurey(in Second API Stage):
'DELETE FROM raoridbf.model WHERE (raoridbf.model.CODE=ORCHESTRATE.CODE)

Here is issue with this code:

"CopyOfModel1_job..DB2_UDB_API_6: [IBM][CLI Driver][AS] SQL5001N "CODE" does not have the authority to change the database manager configuration file. SQLSTATE=42703

SQLExecDirect: Error executing statement 'DELETE FROM raoridbf.model WHERE (raoridbf.model.CODE=ORCHESTRATE.CODE)'. See following DB2 message for details."

Please suggest me to where i am doing wrong. Please explain in what stage whats need to be done.

Even my design is wrong, please advice me for correct design.

Thanks & Regards,
iamnagus
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What table are you trying to update? From the error message that you are getting, you dont have enought privileges to do that kind of action.

SQL5001N
The user attempted to Update or Reset the database manager configuration file without having SYSADM authority.
Thats the description i got from the IBM public library.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
iamnagus
Participant

Post by iamnagus »

Hi,

I have logged in as admin only i hope. I will find out about the user previleges from concerns and update in the forum.

Or if i have not logged in as admin, then for what kind of user previleges i need to raise for? or kind of settings in Administrtor i need to set if i have this option?

Regards,
iamnagus
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I suggest you have a friendly chat with your DBA and show him this error message, since your error message includes warning about the manager configuration file.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
max.madsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by max.madsen »

Try to remove any derivations from DB2 API stage Columns Tab. We were facing the same problem with the same error message and, after removing tabel qualifiers from Wuery the problem was solved.